USSD confirmation is required for login ensuring more security and no costs. The Transaction is initiated by the bank and a One Time Pin (OTP) is also available for international users to access the platform.
You have additional security for ‘high risk’ transactions and confirmation of all transactions through the account will be smsed to the account owner. Any sim-card swops will be detected by the system and the Super-users have access to amend the daily profile and account transaction limits. The Mercantile Bank App allows you to transact on your mobile phone or tablet securely.
You have a choice to set authorization parameters either to have one person or two authorizers with the option to create and assign rights for the sub-users to access the system. You can even go a step further and set up separate signatory levels for the creation and maintenance of beneficiaries on each account profile. Up to two Super-users have the option to perform the administrator functions together or alone; and also perform transactions without authorization. Sub-users can be allocated specific functions only.
If you are travelling abroad for business or leisure purposes, you can purchase traveller’s cheques directly from us. These are a secure alternative to cash for all your travel-related spending and they’re available in a wide choice of currencies.
Once-off payments can be made to beneficiaries not registered on the profile with the option of saving them for future use
Multiple and Group Payments
A user can create up to 20 payments on one screen with an option of saving this as a group for future use and date.
A user can pay up to 1000 beneficiaries at once and you can choose to see consolidated or individual payments on your statement. The platform is compatible with files from payroll systems.
Credit Card integration
Transfers and payments can be made to and from Mercantile Credit Cards and the available balance will reflect on the profile.
The main contact person will receive notifications and alerts via SMS or email when payments are done or for incoming funds and can also receive reminders for recurring or future-dated payments. Statements in different formats are available for downloads for transactions from 1 April 2010. You can also choose how you would like to receive your proof of payments either by SMS or email at the time of making the payment or later stage.
SARS eFiling payments can be authorized for future date.
Please take note of the cut-off times:
Monday – Friday: 13:30
Not available on weekends and public holidays.
AUTHORISING CREDIT PUSH PAYMENTS
1. Logon to Mercantile Bank Internet Banking and select the SARS eFiling tab.
2. Select the SARS eFiling payment to be authorised.
3. Select the account to be debited, the Payment Date, add Notification Details if required and click on the Release button.
4. Confirm the captured details and click on the Confirm button.
5. A message will be displayed whether the transaction was succesfully released for payment or whether queued for further authorisation. Click on the Done button. If no additional authorisation was required, the released payment will be sent to SARS for settlement.
6. The released payment is removed from the Payments to Action view and the user can select another payment for processing.
7. The released payment will now be displayed in the Payments Actioned view.
8. If the SARS eFiling payment was queued for further authorisation, an authoriser will sign on, select the Authorisations_Transaction tabs and then SARS Payments.
9. Select the SARS eFiling payment to be authorised and continue with the authorisation process. After the successful authorisation the payment will be sent to SARS for settlement.
10. After the SARS eFiling payment was successfully authorised, the Status of the relevant payment will be updated to Paid.
For more information or further assistance contact Mercantile Bank on:
Call Centre: 0860 119923
Disclaimer: The information published concerning the banks' products has been provided by the relevant banks and SARS has been granted permission to make this information available on our website.
The APP is compatible with Android versions 4.1 and above, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC etc; iOS versions 6.0 and above, Apple iPhone
- Available for Individual and business
- Check balances
- View last 10 transactions per account
- Pay existing beneficiaries or do once-off payments (predefined or own)
- Internal transfer
- Create future dated payments and recurring payments
- Pay beneficiary from Credit Card and internal transfer to/ from Credit Card
- History of Internet Banking payments
- View transaction limits
- View security questions
- Business – Super user/ sub user
- Authorise/ Reject – beneficiary payments and transfers or predefined beneficiary payments or changes to recurring/ future dated payments and beneficiary created/ amended by user
- Change password
- Beneficiary Group Payments
- STP’s (Immediate payments)
- Amend recurring/ future dated payments
- Create or amend beneficiaries
- User management (create or authorise)
- Create/ Amend/ Delete Users
- Change User Access
- Reissue passwords
- Account management (create or authorise)
- Setting Signature Levels
- Creating account nicknames
- Create or authorise
- Batch payments
- Secure messages
- Beneficiary signature levels
Some added additional features are, being able to
- Sort transaction history per date, amount
- Search payments per beneficiary, amount, account, date
- Search account numbers
- Recreate payment from payment history
- Create a Simple Batch payment (function has been simplified)
- Grant user access for many accounts simultaneously
- Send secure instructions to the bank e.g. stop and dispute debit orders, order cheque books
- And more….